This recipe is one of my favorite smoothie recipes! It’s healthy and super easy to make. You will have a quick breakfast or an afternoon snack in just a couple of steps.
This blackberry smoothie bowl recipe is an easy and tasty breakfast idea for you and your whole family! The main difference between a regular smoothie and a smoothie bowl is the thick consistency. I prefer thicker consistency in my smoothies anyway, but you can easily customize your bowl to whatever you like the best.
- Strawberries: I used frozen strawberries. They are rich in vitamins and antioxidants and good sources of manganese and potassium.
- Blackberries: Based on how ripe they are, blackberries are sweeter when riper, slightly tart, with earthy undertones. They are full of vitamins and minerals like C, K, and manganese. They are also high in fiber.
- Blueberries: I added a few blueberries for additional taste.
- Banana I used fresh bananas. For a thicker consistency, you can use a frozen banana.
- Milk In this recipe, I used the regular whole milk, but you can substitute it for any other milk you prefer.
- Maple syrup: We added a little bit of sweetness to compensate for the tartness from strawberries and blackberries (if not completely ripe).
- Ice: Add ice, based on your preference. If you prefer a thicker consistency, add ice. If not, you can skip it.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- Creamy and refreshing: This smoothie will have a creamy and thick consistency. Frozen ingredients and ice will add more freshness to this recipe.
- Easy to make: Like most smoothie recipes, this one is easy. Gather and blend all ingredients, and you have breakfast on the go.
- Customizable: Want to swap some fruit or don’t have all ingredients on hand? Feel free to use different berries. Please note the flavor might be slightly different.
Equipment and Tools Needed
- High-powered blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A spatula
You will have a tasty and healthy breakfast in just a few steps. Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend everything until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberry Banana Raspberry Smoothie
- 4-Ingredient Tropical Smoothie
- Strawberry Blackberry Banana Smoothie
- Green Smoothie Bowl
- Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- Pineapple Peach Smoothie
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Blackberry Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 6 oz fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 fresh banana
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 – 1 ½ cup crushed ice
- In a blender, put all ingredients together.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!