This homemade Iced Oat Milk Latte is so creamy and delicious! With just four ingredients, you will make a barista-style drink at home.
This iced latte with oat milk is a refreshing drink you can make at home in minutes. Whether you have it after the holidays to come back to healthier beverages or during the hot summer, this oat milk latte will not disappoint.
You don’t need barista skills or break the bank to enjoy this iced latte. Let me show you my tips and tricks on how to make this latte perfect every time!
- Espresso: For this latte, we’ll need a double espresso shot. It will give you enough caffeine boost to start your day.
- Brown sugar: As a sweetener, I used brown sugar. For more sweetener options, please refer to the substitutions and variations section.
- Oat milk: I used my favorite oat milk Oatly. You can use your favorite oat milk or even a dairy option if not vegan.
- Ice: You will need more or less ice based on your glass or jar size.
See recipe card for quantities.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Easy to make: With just a few ingredients and minutes, you will have a fancy drink at home without going to the local coffee shop.
- Vegan: For all vegan lovers, this drink is for you!
- Delicious: This creamy iced latte is full of flavor. This latte won’t be as sweet as some coffee shop options, but you can add more sugar if preferred. It’s easily customized based on your preferences.
For detailed instructions and measurements, please refer to the recipe card.
Here are the easy steps to make this iced latte with oat milk:
- Make the espresso and add the brown sugar to dissolve before adding it to cold milk.
- In a tall glass or a jar, add ice cubes ¾ of a way.
- Shake the carton of oat milk and shake vigorously for 3-5 seconds before pouring it into a glass with ice.
- Pour espresso into the glass with milk.
- Add optional add-ins or toppings and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Expert Tips and Tricks for Success
- Add brown sugar to freshly made espresso: To ensure the brown sugar will completely dissolve, add it to freshly made espresso and mix gently with a spoon.
- Shake the oat milk carton before pouring: This recipe does not require frothing the milk. You can shake the milk carton for a few seconds before pouring it into the glass with ice cubes.
- Adjust the size: The glass I used has 16 oz, equivalent to a grande/medium size at a coffee shop. Use a smaller or larger glass or a jar, and add ice and milk based on the glass size. You can adjust the espresso amount as well.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use different sweeteners: You can use brown sugar simple syrup or maple syrup.
- Garnish: Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin spice as an optional garnish for a cozy winter or fall option.
- Make it a hot oat milk latte: If you prefer a hot beverage, heat milk and froth it with a handheld milk frother, pour it into a mug and add espresso.
- Substitute oat milk: If you don’t have oat milk or want to use dairy, feel free to use the milk of your preference.
- Optional add-ins: Add a little vanilla, hazelnut, or rum extract.
- Make your favorite espresso: Make your espresso using a traditional espresso machine using your favorite coffee beans, or in my case, I love using the Nespresso Vertuo coffee machine. For this latte recipe, I used Vertuo double espresso Scuro pod.
- Substitute espresso: Make a strong coffee or cold brew if you don’t have an espresso machine.
- Make it boozy: If you want to take it up a notch, add a shot of Kahlua or Baileys to make a boozy oat milk latte. Note that these liqueurs are not vegan.
How to Serve
This latte is best when served right away. I love the iced option, but you can make it a hot beverage.
As with most other beverages, it will be fine to drink them in moderation. This oat milk latte is vegan. I used regular oat milk from Oatly, which has fewer calories and fat than full-fat oat milk. There is also a low-fat oat milk option.
The main difference between iced coffee and iced latte is that iced coffee is made with brewed coffee, while iced latte is made with espresso. Another difference is that you don’t have to add milk to iced coffee.
I love Oatly for my lattes. There are several different options that Oatly has.
Other Beverage Recipes You May Like
- Matcha Turmeric Latte
- Dalgona Latte
- Butterfly Pea Latte
- Matcha Chai Latte
- Oat Milk Matcha Latte
- Oat Milk Hot Chocolate
- Rose Chai Latte
- Dirty Matcha Latte
- Espresso Tonic
- Iced Almond Milk Latte
- Dirty Chai Latte
- Blackberry Mocktail
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Iced Oat Milk Latte
- Espresso machine
- Tall glass or jar
- Smaller cup for espresso shots
- A spoon
- A straw
- 2 oz espresso shot (double espresso shot)
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- oat milk (enough to fill the glass ¾)
- Make a double espresso shot.
- Add two teaspoons of brown sugar to a glass with espresso. Mix until combined.
- In a tall glass or a jar, add ice cubes ¾ of the way.
- Take an oat milk carton, shake for 3-5 seconds, and pour into a glass or a jar with ice, leaving enough space for espresso.
- Pour espresso into a glass or a jar with milk and ice.
- Add optional garnish, if preferred, like cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Add a straw and serve immediately.
- This iced oat milk latte will not be too sweet. It has the right amount of brown sugar to cut down the espresso’s bitterness. If you prefer it sweeter, add more brown sugar.
- Use smaller or larger glass or a jar based on your preferences. I used a 16 oz glass, equivalent to a grande/medium coffee cup.
- I used the metal straw to be more environmentally friendly, which you can also clean easily.