This classic Kahlua White Russian has a creamy and rich coffee taste. Made with just a few ingredients and two minutes, this White Russian with Kahlua recipe is always a crowd’s favorite!
This classic drink is full of flavor. It’s one of my favorite options to serve over the holidays! It’s so easy to make, and it tastes great. Let me show you my tips and tricks for this creamy White Russian cocktail!
- Vodka: I used Tito’s vodka as in my other cocktail recipes. You can use any vodka you prefer.
- Kahlua: Kahlua is a classic for this cocktail recipe. It has a smooth and rich coffee taste.
- Half-and-half: I used half-and-half for this classic cocktail. It goes so well with the coffee liqueur and vodka. It gives such a pleasant creamy taste.
- Ice: We need a few ice cubes to add to the glass before pouring the liqueur and cream.
See recipe card for quantities.
You can make this classic cocktail in just 2 minutes!
- Add ice halfway to the lowball glass.
- Add Kahlua and vodka.
- Pour the half-and-half and gently stir with the bar spoon to get the swirl effect.
Substitutions and Variations
- If you want to cut down the calories, use milk instead or make it the Black Russian.
- Want to add more creaminess? Replace the half-and-half with the heavy cream instead. This will give it an additional creaminess and a fantastic swirl effect when you gently stir the drink with the spoon.
- Don’t like a coffee taste? Use Baileys Irish Cream (the Original) instead of Kahlua.
Other Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
- Baileys Mint Martini
- S’mores Martini
- Peppermint Espresso Martini
- Gin Espresso Martini
- Baileys Espresso Martini
- Godiva Chocolate Martini
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
White Russian with Kahlua Recipe
- 1 bar spoon
- 1 jigger (to measure the liqueur)
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1.5 oz Kahlua
- 3.5 oz half-and-half
- ice cubes
- Add ice halfway to the old-fashioned lowball glass.
- Add vodka and Kahlua.
- Pour half-and-half and gently stir with the bar spoon.
- If you want to make a stronger cocktail, cut down the half-and-half.