This gin and tonic recipe needs only two ingredients and two minutes! It’s so refreshing and full of flavor. Whether you serve it during happy hour or hot summer night, this cocktail is a perfect choice.
Although it’s a classic, there are many different gin and tonic recipes. It is easy to customize this delicious and refreshing cocktail with many recipe variations. Let me show you my tips and tricks for the best gin and tonic recipe!
- Gin: I used Bombay Sapphire London Dry gin. This is one of the best gins you can pick for the gin and tonic cocktail.
- Tonic Water: I used Fever-Tree Tonic Water. There are different flavors you can pick. For this cocktail, I chose the Premium Indian Tonic water.
- Ice Cubes: We are using lots of ice for this cocktail.
- Garnishes: Here is where you can make it your own. I made two different options for this occasion – one with lime wedges, cucumber, and blueberries and another with lemon and strawberries.
See recipe card for quantities.
The Best Gin for G&T
It’s essential to pick high-quality ingredients since this cocktail has only two components. This will make or break this drink.
Some of the great options are:
- Bombay Sapphire London Dry gin
The Best Tonic Water for G&T
Some of the options include:
- Fever-Tree Indian Tonic water
- Fentimans Tonic water
- Schweppes Tonic water
Gin and Tonic Ration
The gin and tonic ratio can vary based on how strong you want to make this cocktail. Usually, people go with a 1:3 or 1:2. I find that the 1:3 ratio is perfect for my taste.
Glassware Options for Gin and Tonic
I would recommend using any balloon glass or Copa.
Two main reasons why I like these glasses are:
- The stem on these glasses will prevent you from warming the cocktail with your hands.
- Unlike the highball glass, you can add lots of ice to these glasses.
Gin and Tonic Garnishes
Here is where you can make this cocktail your own. I made two different variations for this refreshing gin and tonic.
I added lime wedges, cucumber strips, and blueberries in the first option.
I added a lemon wheel, some lemon skin strips, and strawberries for the second recipe variation, which is my favorite.
Some other garnishes to try:
- A blood orange
- Lemon and basil
- Apples and thyme
- Orange and rosemary
Please note that based on which garnishes you pick, it will affect the taste and smell of the drink.
There are a few simple and easy steps to make this delicious cocktail. If you want to go all out and impress your friends and family, follow these steps:
- Pick your glassware. I would recommend any balloon glass.
- Start adding ice cubes and garnishes alternately. This way, you won’t have all the garnishes only on top of the drink, and it will make it so pretty. Do so until you fill the glass.
- Add gin to the glass.
- Top with tonic water.
And voila! You have the perfect gin and tonic cocktail. 🙂
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
- Kiwi Gin Cocktail
- Empress Gin Cocktail
- Gin Espresso Martini
- White Russian with Kahlua Recipe
- The Best Moscow Mule
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
The Best Gin and Tonic
- 2 oz Gin
- 6 oz Tonic Water
- ice cubes
- lime wedge or other fruit (to garnish)
- Select your glassware based on its shape and size.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Add gin to the glass.
- Top with tonic water and add garnishes.