This decadent Strawberry Oreo Milkshake is so creamy and delicious, yet so simple to make. This homemade milkshake is done in 5 minutes, and it’s packed with strawberries and Oreo cookies.
With just a handful of ingredients and endless toppings options, you will have the best homemade Strawberry Oreo Milkshake.
- Oreo Cookies: I used the regular Oreo cookies. For ingredients substitutions, please refer to the Recipe Variations section.
- Strawberry ice cream: I used Kemps Premium Ice Cream – Summer Strawberry. You can use any strawberry-flavored ice cream you prefer.
- Strawberries: I used a mixture of fresh and frozen strawberries. Frozen strawberries will add thickness to the milkshake. If you are using all frozen strawberries, add more half-and-half or milk if needed.
- Half-and-half: I used half-and-half for this milkshake recipe. This will also add thickness to the milkshake.
- Garnishes: Feel free to experiment with garnishes. I used homemade whipped cream, fresh strawberries, dark chocolate pieces, and a crushed Oreo cookie.
See recipe card for quantities.
Why You’ll Love this Milkshake
- Thick and creamy.
- Easy to make.
- Prepared in 5 minutes.
Equipment and Tools Needed
- Blender or food processor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until combined.
- Add another crushed Oreo cookie and fresh strawberry (cut into small pieces) and mix with a spatula. This will add texture to the milkshake.
- Pour into a glass and add your favorite toppings.
To make a homemade whipped cream, add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixer and mix on high speed until soft peaks form.
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Don’t over blend: Pulse the ingredients until combined instead of blending this milkshake.
- Add liquid gradually: Start with ¼ cup of liquid and add more if needed until you reach desired consistency. The amount of half-and-half I added for this milkshake is based on my preference. The milkshake won’t be too thick nor too watery.
Substitutions and Variations
- Use different Oreo cookies: You can use golden Oreos or mint-flavored Oreo cookies.
- Use different liquids: Feel free to use any milk of your preference. Please note that the milkshake will be thinner if you use regular milk or reduced fat milk. On the contrary, the milkshake will be thicker if you use heavy whipping cream.
- Use different flavor ice cream: If you don’t have strawberry ice cream on hand or want to use different flavors, feel free to use chocolate ice cream or vanilla.
- Make it blizzard: If you want this milkshake to have a consistency of a blizzard, use Oreo frozen dairy dessert sandwiches and heavy whipping cream. Start with ¼ cup of liquid and add more if needed.
These milkshakes are best enjoyed immediately after you make them.
You can use any milk you prefer. If you prefer a thicker milkshake, I suggest using half-and-half or even heavy whipping cream. If you like a thinner milkshake, feel free to use the regular milk or even 2% milk.
No, I would not add ice to a milkshake. This will water down the milkshake, and it will change the texture.
Add less liquid, or use half-and-half or heavy whipping cream for a thick milkshake. Also, you can add more ice cream.
Other No-bake Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Easy Milkshake Recipe Without Ice Cream
- Easy Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Plazma Biscuit Parfaits
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Strawberry Oreo Milkshake
- measuring cups and spoons
- Ice cream scoop
- 4 scoops of strawberry ice cream
- 9 Oreo cookies (divided)
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- 7 strawberries (divided, mix of fresh and frozen)
- 1 crushed Oreo cookie
- 1 fresh strawberry
- chopped dark chocolate
- whipped cream (see notes)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- splash of vanilla extract
- Add ice cream, 8 Oreo cookies, 6 strawberries (use some fresh, some frozen), half-and-half to a blender, and pulse until combined.
- Add crushed Oreo cookie and fresh strawberry (cut into small pieces) and mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour into glasses. Top with homemade whipped cream or premade. * Whatever you prefer. Then add chopped dark chocolate, fresh strawberry, and a crushed Oreo cookie.
- To make homemade whipped cream, add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixer and mix on high speed until soft peaks form.